[lit-ideas] Re: Empires, Liberal Democracies, and Core States

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 16:50:59 -0400

Omar: An empire that cannot even control Afghanistan certainly should be
relieved of its imperial duties.

Ha-ha! Besides the confusion of national response to 9/11 (the CIA
overthrowing the Taliban) with British imperial ambition, Omar's
response is funny for the purity of its Nietzschean resentment.

Ha-ha! In other words, "If I cannot condemn the US as empire, I will
condemn it for failing to be one." The condemning is the point. It's not
really about empire is it?

EY