[lit-ideas] Re: Elvis Does Baghdad

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:45:20 +0100

Le 10 déc. 05, à 15:06, Mike Geary a écrit :

AR:
And who did Aegus work for? US military?

No, damnit, get it right. They worked for the Coalition of the Willing!

"Totally awesome video of US mercenaries"

Gee whiz, Andreas, you sound like a pre-pubescent boy! I know the video's rad, but, dude, you need to hip your talk up or people won't even bother to watch your walk.

M.C I, for one, don't think the video is either rad or awesome. Instead, it's one of the most appalling things I've ever seen.

What's perhaps most appalling is that I'll bet it will be the cause of more than a few enlistments. It looks just like a video game. What will teenagers, who have spent most of their life watching video games, think when they see this clip? Why, that they can go to Iraq, play the utimate video game, get paid, and get called a hero on the evening news if they happen to get blown up in the process.

Michael Chase
(goya@xxxxxxxxxxx)
CNRS UPR 76
7, rue Guy Moquet