[lit-ideas] Re: Eating meat, over-population, and the end of Western and Russian civilizations

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 11:26:52 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 18/10/09, Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  In
> that serene future, the lion, we are told, will lie down
> with the lamb.  Surely
> if the lion will do it, we will as well, and if we lie down
> with him, will we
> later rise up again and eat him?

Whichever, all parties will be sorely disappointed if they think their efforts
might increase the population. Horses and donkeys have long been pioneers in
this field. When will the world ever learn what they have to teach?

"'Four legs good?' asked Stallion of Jenny. 'Two legs best', she replied".
["Animal Farm - The Return"]