[lit-ideas] Dying

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:45:13 EDT

No. Not me.
But J. McCreery has this habit of  sharing multimedia links. And I'm _so_
for the written word.
So it seems  Taylor is not qualified?
Course he is. Perhaps Walter O. was meaning that  teaching religion at
Colombia (none of my friends can pronounce Columbia) on  dying does not qualify
for 'research'.
I find the topic of dying fascinating.  More so than 'living'. Indeed, I
don't think the two compare at all  --!
Cheers,

JL
----

In a message dated 4/27/2009 8:37:01  P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The more  interestinjg question is whether Taylor has any clue as to the
nature
and  conditions of university teaching and research.

Given the  description of Taylor at the end of the piece, this seems a
curious  question.

Mark C. Taylor, the chairman of the religion department at  Columbia, is
the author of the forthcoming “Field Notes From Elsewhere:  Reflections on
Dying and Living.”

John

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!