[lit-ideas] Re: Doris Lessing

  • From: carol kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 17:53:51 -0800

I loved The Golden Notebook, shortly after it was published. Simply, I
thought it was a very good, very juicy novel, as I recall. But reading is
so much a matter of personal timing, though. I have her later "Love, Again"
on my nightstand now. Haven't read her science fiction, though I just read
she considered it her best work. Shades of Margaret Atwood (or vice-versa).
Would I still think the Golden Notebook a good novel if I approached it
today, in my sixties? I also read  Lessing's"Martha Quest"--a series--back
when. Enjoyed those too.

ck