[lit-ideas] Re: Coup in Washington

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 13:17:48 -0500

Thanks for the article, Andreas!

Here are some snippets from it.

"... according to the intelligence and government officials, who spoke Wednesday, they give no hint why Iran's leadership decided to halt the covert effort."

"In fact, some in the intelligence agencies appear not to be fully convinced that the notes of the deliberations indicated that all aspects of the weapons program had been shut down."

That's why I think the difference splits between our "known unknowns" and the "unknown unknowns" inside Iran. It becomes an issue about Bush's mangled credibility.