[lit-ideas] Re: Confessions Of A Post Reader

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:42:49 -0800

That's another possibility. JL could sign up for a blog (www.blogger.com is free) and blast away with texts. All of it will be indexed by Google and made available to everyone.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:14 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Confessions Of A Post Reader

I don't read all posts. Sometimes I don't read most posts. Depends on what's going 'round. I don't read for enlightenment. Sad to say, I'm as bright as I'm ever going to get. I look to this list for entertainment which usually means something humorous. I often find philosophical disputations humorous even though I often don't get the import of what's being argued. Or maybe it's because I don't get it that I find it humorous. The idea that something so remote from my concerns can elicit fervid conviction in others tickles me. It makes me feel good about myself and my own eccentricities. So, thank you all. I was delighted to see JL come back on list because for too long the list had become an echo chamber. Some days it seemed as lifeless as dogs on an August afternoon in Memphis. I was even finding it difficult to get indignant at Lawrence's posts. What the hell's the fun of reading his posts if you can't work up a wad of righteous indignation, I ask you. And so I was delighted to see JL come home from the hills of Guilford, the old JL still quoting from his inerrant Bible the OED, chapter and verse of eschatological etymology and writing in his winkish way. It was a breath of fresh air. But obviously some people take this silly old world seriously, my hats off to them, I wish I could. And, of course, they have their rights and privileges as human beings also -- I suppose. And Andreas as originator of the list has his prerogatives. Anyway, I'm writing to tell JL about the Facebook version of Lit-Ideas. It happened before you came back to the list, JL, when a wild hair got up our collective Lit-Id ass and we struck out for Facebook. Well, it's still sitting out there waiting to be filled. You can always use the email Lit-Id to advertise your posts on the Facebook Lit-Id. Or if you're wanting to divorce yourself from the cruel and heartless Andreas, then you can go to my new group on Facebook started just to accommodate you, JL. It's entitled Anarchists' Picnic and you can post on it until the cows come home, starting off with why it's cows and not sheep who come home. That should keep you going for awhile. I'm sure it's origins are buried with the bones of the Hellenes who knew everything.

Mike Geary
Memphis

o argue whether Gulian
My instincts are anarchistic. I bristle at all rules, resist all organization. This is could certainly be a symtom of megalomania, but so what? You think Jesus wasn't a megalomanic? And an anarchist to boot? "Love and do what you will." I don't think Jesus himself said that, but one his buddies did. Anarchists all.