[lit-ideas] Re: Chomsky on education

  • From: "Adriano Palma" <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:56:07 +0200

** For Your Eyes Only **
** High Priority **
** Reply Requested by 8/17/2011 (Wednesday) **

no sweat --and yes, this linking of "money" with research is somewhat
bogus, enormous amounts of investment are very often needed (and even
more annoyingly for some money that can come from cranks like venter)

imho

ξε ν’, γγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις     ἀ ὅτι τ δε
κείμεθα, το ς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
/begin/read__>sig.file: postal address
palma
University of KwaZulu-Natal Philosophy
3rd floor of Memorial Tower Building
Howard College Campus
Durban 4041
South Africa
Tel off: [+27] 031 2601591 (sec: Mrs. Yolanda Hordyk) [+27]
031-2602292
Fax [+27] 031-2603031
mobile 07 62 36 23 91 calling from overseas +[27] 76 2362391
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxx
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxxxx
MY OFFICE # IS 290@Mtb
*only when in Europe*: inst. J. Nicod
29 rue d'Ulm
f-75005 paris france
email me for details if needed at palma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
________
This e-mail message (and attachments) is confidential, and/or
privileged and is intended for the
use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail you must not copy,
distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone.
Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
This entity is not responsible for any information not related to the
business of this entity. If you
received this e-mail in error please destroy the original and notify
the sender.

>>> "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx> 8/17/2011 10:53 AM >>>

>>that is Mitch Feigenbaum, pretty please

Yes. I was more impressed by his 26-hour clock and 4.669 than his
proper name and muddled it. Just audited a 24-lecture course on chaos
taught by Professor Steven Strogatz.

As for Judy’s objections, yes, CERN is expensive as well as countless
other projects. My point was that the search for Higgs Boson, for
example, is an attempt to validate the prediction of a theory of
cosmological symmetry stemming from Noether’s First Theorem, General
Relativity, and the Friedmann equations, and derived from clever
nuancing of conservation principles (lepton number for example) in
nucleogenesis models. In short, to *prove* the big stuff one needs
money; to develop the ideas behind big stuff one may only need a
chalkboard.

Please find our Email Disclaimer here: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer/