[lit-ideas] Re: Calling all linguists/grammarians

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 12:08:12 -0700 (PDT)

Could you quote the sentences ?    O.K.

________________________________
 From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:55 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Calling all linguists/grammarians

That's what I believed (thanks for the validation) ... until this week the
student was given an assignment to indicate whether something in each sentence
was a predicate nominative OR a subject complement!  Hence my confusion re.
grammar terminology in this instance.

Julie Campbell
Julie's Music & Language Studio
1215 W. Worley
Columbia, MO  65203
573-881-6889
https://juliesmusicandlanguagestudio.musicteachershelper.com/

http://www.facebook.com/JuliesMusicLanguageStudio

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1.  The traditional term for a noun, pronoun, or other nominal that follows a
linking verb. The contemporary term for a predicate nominative is subject
complement