[lit-ideas] California Strays and Microchips

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:40:59 EDT

Hi,
On the other hand, it is still in the proposed budget a proposal to eliminate
the requirement that shelters search for owners of lost animals who come in
WITH a microchip. (I suppose that saves some $$, too...though not nearly as
much as his original proposal) Still, it goes against what is currently
happening
both in California and the rest of the country--more and more owners/shelters
are using microchips. In fact, many shelters are putting microchips in the
animal before adopting them out...)  I know of several cases where the
microchip
was able to match the owner with the lost pet.
Glad that Sparky doesn't live in California,
Marlena in Missouri