[lit-ideas] Re: COMMAS AND COMMIES

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 06:58:15 +0000 (UTC)

My commas are like Commies, they give of themselves freely,>
Well, yeh, that's gratuitous for you.
DL

On Friday, 10 July 2015, 4:22, Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Redacted sender JLsperanza@aol.c writes:"' donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
"Mike's philosophy also
allows gratuitous use of the comma, after "Thanks". '"

I think it's the Oxford comma."'

My commas are like Commies, they give of themselves freely, believing in the
brotherhood of grammar, and recognizing the equally essential role of all the
parts of speech in language usage.  I, inas,muchas I am, know and appreciate
the service that the quotidian commas play in our beastly attempts to shake
meaning out of the tenuous grip of theorematic existence.  Should could turn to
would and all the users of English signed Union cards,, we could abolish
grammar as certainly we should, in much as in being anarchists one and all.
Throw off your grammar chains and be as you is.  Grammar has no meaning, it's
just a traffic cop out.