[lit-ideas] Bush's press conference

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:59:13 -0700

A fairly good summary of the various reviews of the press conference.

> http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0414/dailyUpdate.html

What I got out of the press conference: Bush is signalling very clearly that
the June 30th transfer will occur on June 30th. However, that's 75 days
away, and when we get there, things may change. But for now, he is showing
that he is determined, for the moment anyway.

Also, Bush will send more troops to Iraq. He is telling the American people
that the USA needs more troops in Iraq.

Iraq is not a quagmire, because Vietnam had swamps and Iraq is a desert.
Therefore, it can't be a quagmire.

However, Iraq can be quicksand.

When you read the transcripts, Bush evaded nearly every question.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com