[lit-ideas] Bandits at 11 o'clock

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 23:58:35 -0700

It's 11:30 pm and I'm doing some work on the computer.

I hear a thump in the kitchen.

I pick up a halogen flashlight, and thinking of Lawrence, I briefly consider the .38 revolver.

Nah, shooting upsets the cat.

I walk into the kitchen to investigate. There's a large racoon, eating the cat food. He came in through the garage, which is still open.

He looks at me with a look of annoyance, as if I'm going to interrupt his snack.

He stands there for a while, so I watch him for a while. It really is quite funny how raccoons have bandit masks. Rather cute animals.

I took a pix of a raccoon a week ago. He's crashed out in a tree due to the noon heat. I posted it at the blog.

http://litideas.blogspot.com/

Whoops. The bandit is back again. He's standing outside the door to my office. Just standing there, looking in, waiting for me to get out of the way so he can go back to the kitchen again.

Maybe Lawrence is right. Hot steel. Okay, hot copper-clad lead. No pasaran!

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com