[lit-ideas] Re: Assumption-challenging, Mind-changing, Inspiring

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:02:59 +0100

On 12-Nov-09, at 10:59 PM, David Ritchie wrote:

Any time I watch Youtube I get about six minutes and then the picture freezes and I watch the roundy-roundy. Yes, I've tried re- booting. Yes, I've tried kicking the computer. Yes I've tried calling earthlink...in India...and Apple. Yes I've downloaded newer, more up-to-date versions of realtimeplayer. Yes I've tried switching to Firefox. Corruption all around, bits refusing to squeeze along telephone lines, a British Rail takeover...what gives? I'd like to finish watching what seems to be an interesting lecture.

David Ritchie,
Hoarse, near Bangalore

Just a nasty thought - what if someone put a 'roundy-roundy' in front of a 'freeze frame' into her video every six minutes or so ....

Chris Bruce,
Donkey, near Kiel

P.S. Thanks for the John Cleese bits. Cheered me up immensely on a dreary drizzly Friday the 13th morning ...

-cb in k