[lit-ideas] Artwork speaks back

  • From: Torgeir Fjeld <torgeir_fjeld@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 00:50:23 +0100 (BST)

The Onion reports of an artwork that, at last, has found a way to speak back at
all the derisive comments it has received
(http://www.theonion.com/articles/piece-of-art-for-sale-on-coffeehouse-wall-has-had,19989/).

"A few jokes here and there is one thing, but after a while, you know, it
starts to hurt. I can't help the way I look, and yet people come in here and
insist on smugly pointing out my every little flaw. Why don't they just lay
off?"

"It's not like I'm that bad," the painting added. "What, do these people think
they're in the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something? It's a fucking coffee
shop."

The painting sells for USD150 at a coffee shop in Madison. WIsconsin.

Cheers!
-tor