[lit-ideas] Arousing Emotion

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:05:54 EDT

Hi,
Just an fyi.

(My personal opinion is that I have no problem with Israel being
Israel...though I do have a problem with the moving into areas which were not
granted to
it...and I also tend to favor a two-state solution...but I am still  learning
about so much of this. I appreciate, as I have stated before, learning  about
it from my Jewish friends who also lean that way--have walked in Peace
Marches in Israel (moms with moms, mostly...<sigh>), etc.

But, this came to me today from someone who would be in *that world* that
Andy's relative has entered <wry look>...and also is from Gary Bauer...He  is
actually now part of a marketing sort of group which will "guarantee" support
for various organizations.  He was one of the very beginnings of the whole
"family values" world (I remember when he just began...) and is still very much

keeping his name 'out there' (but not really stating to the target audience
who  he really works for...)   [side note: I spare you the stuff I get from
"that world" from the ones who are still in it...but often I wish I could toss
it out for both reaction and analysis...for it so very much has impact on how
our world is run...though my particular belief is that 'that world' is also
being 'used' by those who care nothing, really, for it and its beliefs but who
have their own agenda[s] ... and I'm not saying any of this is 'good' or
'bad'  <wry look>...it just *is*...]

So, it's not really the *content* that I am sending out to  Our List to be
examined, but the words chosen to do what the writer  desires (and whoever he
is
representing...for these groups make  mega-millions and are able to influence
many others...and not much of it  actually goes to the 'regular people'...but
to consolidate power,  etc.)

Still--look at the words used...don't they make you want to DO  something?
If we could write like this in a different vein...we'd each  have A Great
American Novel...

How  about a list of phrases in this article which would 'move' one to its
belief  system?

That the author was Gary Bauer was, for me, so very  intriguing...

Wondering if this will arouse the sleeping Omar  <g>,
Marlena in Missouri

THEIR  HOMES IN GAZA  â?? (By Gary Bauer, American Values, End of Day Report,
6/14/05) Later this Summer, unless something totally unexpected happens,  over
9,000 Jews will be forced to leave their homes in Gaza. The forced
evacuation is part of a "disengagement" plan that Prime Minister Sharon of
Israel and
President Bush both support. Hopes are high, particularly here in  Washington,
D.C., that the evacuation of Gaza will be the first step of a larger  Israeli
evacuation of disputed territories that will lead to the creation of a
Palestinian state and eventual peace in the Middle East.
Unfortunately,  reality is telling us those high hopes are ill-conceived.
While Israel goes  forward with a gut-wrenching plan to use its army to force
its
own people to  leave their homes, the Jew-haters of the Middle East show no
sign of being  mollified. For many of them the goal has never been Gaza or the
West Bank - the  goal has been, and remains, the destruction of Israel and its
replacement with a  new Islamic "republic."

The Palestinian Foreign Minister Nasser al-Qidwa  said over the weekend that
in spite of Israeli concessions the Palestinian  leadership will not try to
disarm the terrorists as long as "the occupation"  exists. When Mr. al-Qidwa
says "occupation," he doesn't mean Gaza, he means Tel  Aviv and Jerusalem and
every other city where the Star of David flies.  Meanwhile, Hamas, Hezbollah
and
Islamic Jihad are all stockpiling weapons and  waiting for the opportunity,
after Israel has withdrawn, to launch another wave  of murderous attacks on
Israeli civilians.

Pray for  God's engagement plan, that He would continue to plant the Jewish
people  in all of the land He promised to them and that they would not be
uprooted from  any of it. This is part of His redemptive plan for all of
Israel.
Declare Obadiah 17-20 and Zechariah  8:7-8 (Excerpted from Intercessors For
Israel, Weekly Prayer Update, 6/10/05, _ifij.org_
(http://pull.xmr3.com/p/475-C43C/88577703/http-www.ifij.org-.html) )