[lit-ideas] Re: Another Cartoon problem caused by Iran?

  • From: P.H.Lundbech <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:53:39 +0100

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:22:27 +0000 (GMT), Judith Evans
<judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The timing certainly is interesting -- but this has
>been building  up (see also P Lundbech's account) --
>since September

Our government seemed (and claimed) to have had the situation
under control for months after having applied diplomatic
measures. It wasn't until the group of imams traveled the middle
east in January, that the situation exploded.

What ties the individual members of the group may or may not have
to Iran or other countries I don't know. But even though a couple
of the imams seems to have had hidden agendas (one of them was
caught telling Danish television how much he regretted the
sanctions being put on Denmark, when he only an hour earlier had
told Al-Arabiya http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Arabiya how much
he welcomed them) it all seems more of a coincidence than a
conspiracy!

P. H. Lundbech
Odense, DK