[lit-ideas] Re: Annie Hall Joke

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:54:01 -0500

I actually have a t-shirt that reads "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." From a bookstore in Denver via my brother. I don't wear it, but I love it. Great stuff, yes.

U.

Mike Geary wrote:
OK, then, if Walter can get away that Borscht Belt business, I have every right to quote my favorite jokester of them all Groucho Marx: (1) Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. (2) Either he's dead or my watch has stopped. (3) A man's only as old as the woman he feels. (4) All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats. (4) Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot. (5) Before I speak, I have something important to say. (5) Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (6) Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. (7) Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know. (8) Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me? (9) Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
(10)  Women should be obscene and not heard.

Oh, Lord, I just love that man.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: <wokshevs@xxxxxx>