[lit-ideas] Re: American Troops overrated

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 03:20:25 -0400

Lawrence citing MEMRI translating General Abdorrahim Musavi: "We make our submarines ourselves, and we make them in a way that will serve us in battle with the enemy... with America."

Speaking of fearsome Iranian subs, the Continental Iron Works in Greenpoint Brooklyn, where the ironclad half-submarine Monitor's hull was constructed, was recently razed in a fire. Some loss of quaint history here.