[lit-ideas] Re: APRIL POEMS (4th)

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:54:36 -0500

Thank you, Chris, those were fun.  Translation always fascinates me, I can't
imagine having the kind of familiarty in two languages necessary for
translating poetry.  Unfortunately I wouldn't know if a translation is a
good or bad translation, only whether I like it as an English language poem.

Hopefully phatic will grace us with one of his fine translations as well.
And Henninge.

Did anybody guess that I could write so sweetly?

Mike Geary
Memphis