[lit-ideas] Re: APRIL POEMS (2nd for 3rd)

  • From: "Mirembe Nantongo" <nantongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:55:41 +0100

Who knew!? Thanks to Ursula's husband for this one. Fans of C.S. Lewis and
Narnia will remember that Peter kills a wolf in the first volume and is then
dubbed "Peter Fenris-Bane". Clearly, this is where Lewis got the wolf
character from. More info at: http://myths.allinfoabout.com/feature106.html
which includes a tale of the hereafter:

"The gods then gagged Fenrir with a sword, placing the tip on the roof of
his mouth and the hilt on his lower jaw. And that is where he will be until
Ragnarok. When Ragnarok comes, Fenrir's chain will break, and he will join
his father, brother, sister and the giants in the mighty battle that will
end the nine worlds. Fenrir and Odin will be the first to engage into
battle, but in the end he will swallow Odin, killing the Allfather. Odin's
son Vidar will then come forward to tear Fenrir apart avenging his father
and killing the wolf son of Loki."

Regards, MN