[lit-ideas] Re: A poignant question, indeed.

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 17:49:30 -0400

Continental philosophy is bankrupt after Heidegger, in my opinion.
Islamic philosophy...well, Averroes in the 12th century and silence. The
positivists also seem to be pushing up the daisies. Yet that's not the
point.

Should I be surprised that al-Jazeera plays a race or culture card?
Everyone can learn to think more clearly, which seems to be the task of
philosophy more so than the constructing of systems of thought. A bunch
of enthroned authorities means zilch.

Reartrend Bussell