[lit-ideas] A haphazard poll of sorts...

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:34:34 -0500

I'm curious as to what the literati on Lit-Id think re. Iraq at this point
-- not about reasons we got in, what we accomplished or didn't, etc. -- but
pragmatically -- what to do now.

Presence there for a decade?

A sudden withdrawal?

A phased withdrawal of the sort Bush spoke of in his address this evening?

What do you think of the notion that a rapid withdrawal would plunge Iraq
into an even more violent civil war?  What do you think of the notion that a
rapid withdrawal would motivate Iraq to grow up, so to speak?  And Iran and
Syria ....  shi-ite & sunni factions supported by Saudie & Syria ....

I'm not asking for "information" -- I receive so much from various sources
about what the pundits think, what the politicians' approaches are, etc.
I'm asking for the opinion of individuals I kinda sorta know.  I'm
interested in comparing/contrasting w/ other perspectives I get from people
I know in my physical world.

Julie Krueger
wondering