[lit-ideas] A Survey of Norwegian Literature

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:33:19 EST

In a message dated 3/4/2009 5:25:26 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I always enjoyed his posts,  especially his translations of Norwegian poets.
-----

My  Country 'Tis Of Thee.

Geary, I'm ashamed. If your brother lives in  Denmark, he should undersand
Norwegian and so should you, without phatic  intermediaries. For your enjoyment
I provide the translation of the British  national anthem into the vernacular.
Note the 'land of the free'.

Mitt  land 'sporty av dig
Velbehagelig land av frihet
av dig jeg synge