[lit-ideas] Re: A Small Query About Wankers

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:50:06 -0700

David wrote

The third and plausible explanation came from someone who says he uses "wanker" as a synonym for "doomaflitchy, whatchamacallit, watzit or widget."

In 1991 I was operated on for a ruptured spinal disc. There was an MRI beforehand. As I was lying there waiting for the result, my neurologist came in and said, 'In the words of the noted radiologist, "That's one big wanker of a disc." '

I'd forgotten that until just now.

Robert Paul