[lit-ideas] Re: A Haiku on Two Sentences by Andy

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 07:45:21 -0400

Let's rewrite it your way:  You can organize the meter:

If I maxed you out,
it's because I'm a Leftist/Islamist
anti-American traitor.  That works for you.

And for me at this point.  I was listening to a discussion last night on
Somalia.  Al Qaeda is in Somalia, is entrenched now in Somalia, because
Somalia has been without a government, in total chaos for 15 years.  The
CIA, which is to say the administration, sided with the iron fisted
warlords in trying to impose order through control.  Al Qaeda went in there
and used the soft touch, and helped the people.  Al Qaeda thrives on two
things: sanctuary, such as they got in Afghanistan, and now in Iraq, and
now in Somalia, and on civil war, such as in Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia.
The more war we spread, the more sanctuary and civil war there is for al
Qaeda to grow in.  Somalia is basically secular.  The people just wanted
relief from the chaos.  The U.S. doesn't get that.  All they want to do is
bomb everybody into submission, and it backfires big time, destroying us,
inflaming opposition around the world.  One guy called it the DOD that ate
Washington.  The U.S. also sees Somalia as beneath them, not important
enough to worry, they're just Africa.   Al Qaeda sees sanctuary and
opportunity to dig in somewhere.  Whatever.  Go back into your
epithet-laden, haiku decorated coma.  Democracy is on the march, we're
winning in Iraq, there is a Santa Claus,  I'm a Leftist/Islamist
anti-American traitor and that's all you need to know.