[list_indonesia] [ppiindia] How a Non-Muslim Enters Islam

  • From: "Ambon" <sea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:41:25 +0100

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/engblue/article.php?lang=E&id=57315

            How a Non-Muslim Enters Islam

            If you become convinced that Islam is the true religion, then

            1. Seek a trustworthy Islamic authority such as an Islamic Center,
a mosque, or an Islamic Organization.

            2. Contact the person in charge and tell him about your wish to
embrace Islam.

            3. The person in charge will ask you some questions to know how far
you are convinced with Islam.

            4. Before you reach that honorable occasion, i.e., declaring
conversion to Islam, wash the whole of your body with the intention of
converting to Islam. It is also recommended for this very special occasion, to
shave under-arm and pubic hair, dress up, and apply a pleasant-smelling perfume
to the body.

            Then you have to declare the Shahadah (Word of Conversion).

            To achieve this, it is sufficient to say (in Arabic, if possible):

            A. Ash-hadu an la ilaha il-lallah,
            B. Wa ash-hadu anna muhammadan rasulullah,

            The meaning of this is as follows:

            A. I bear witness that there is no (true) god except Allah,
            B. I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah's Messenger,
            (For Christians this implies the following: I bear witness that
Jesus is the slave and Messenger of Allah)

            Also you can say:

            1. I (firmly) believe in Allah, His Angels, His scriptures, His
Messengers, the Last Day, and in the ability of Allah to will the existence of
good or bad.

            2. I promise Allah not to associate with Him (in worship) anyone or
anything (whatsoever), and,

            3. I will steadfastly perform Salat (the Five Prayers), and

            4. I will give out Zakat (special Islamic system of charity,) and

            5. I will never steal, and

            6. I will never commit adultery (or fornication,) and

            7. I will never illegally kill a person, and

            8. I will never disobey Allah.

            9. Praise be to Allah Who has guided me to belief.

            Note: The person in charge, in front of whom a new Muslim has
announced his conversion to Islam, prays to Allah for him with such prayers:
Allah may forgive me and you! And Allah may accept (submission) from me and
you! O Allah! Accept him with those on whom You did bestow your Grace, of
Prophets, the Sincere (lovers of Truth,) the martyrs, and the righteous! What a
beautiful Fellowship!

            From: "Your Pathway to Islam" By Dr. Mohammad Suleiman al-Ashqer

            Monday : 21/02/2005

Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/4F6XtA/_WnJAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM

Lebih Baik, in Commonality & Shared Destiny. www.ppi-india.uni.cc
Mohon Perhatian:

3. Lihat arsip sebelumnya, www.ppi-india.da.ru;