[list_indonesia] [ppiindia] Fw: IFCO/PASTORS FOR PEACE 2005 CARAVAN TO CUBA

  • From: "Ambon" <sea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:29:35 +0100

From: IFCO/Pastors for Peace
To: Recipient list suppressed
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: IFCO/PASTORS FOR PEACE 2005 CARAVAN TO CUBA

What way will US policy on Cuba go?

US-Cuba relations stand at a crucial moment. We can expect a newly re-elected
Bush to feel emboldened to take action in pursuit of his stated goal of
"liberating" Cuba during his presidency. Yet the majority of the US public -
even in Miami - and the majority of the US Congress are now in favor of easing
or lifting economic and travel sanctions against Cuba.  There is everything to
play for. We need to ensure that the momentum is with those of us who want a
government policy towards Cuba based on non-interference and mutual respect,
and not with Bush and his plans for regime change.

IFCO/Pastors for Peace has begun preparations for its 16th US-Cuba
Friendshipment Caravan. In July we will be visiting more than 120 US and
Canadian cities to talk in meetings and to the media about the impact of the US
blockade on the health and welfare of the Cuban people. We will be collecting
medical and educational aid to take to Cuba in defiance of an immoral policy
that says we can't assist our Cuban brothers and sisters. In particular we will
be collecting aid for Cubans with Special Needs - such as those who have
learning difficulties, who are physically challenged, infirm, deaf or blind.
And 200 of us will travel to Cuba, without a US government license, as
ambassadors for a people-to-people foreign policy.

In Cuba we will learn about its economic problems, but also about its many
social achievements - the very things that George W. does not want the US
people to see or hear about. Joining us in Cuba will be another travel
challenge undertaken by the Venceremos Brigade. On August 1st,  by different
routes, we will both return proudly and openly to US soil.

That's the intentions - but it needs our supporters, our network, to make it
happen. It needs people like you:

To come on the caravan both within the US and to Cuba - get an application form
from us

To spread the word to your friends, neighbors, colleagues, congregation - ask
us for flyers to circulate

To host the caravan in your community and to get the media involved - contact
us about being a host

Contact us:

IFCO/Pastors for Peace
402 W. 145th Street
New York, NY, 10031
212-926-5757 (ph) 212-926-5842 (fax)
cucaravan@xxxxxxx

Our new website at www.ifconews.org has information and flyers that you can
download.

The program is:

July 5-16: Caravan routes with educational presentations and aid collections
throughout the US and Canada
July 17-22: Participant orientation in Texas. Border crossing into Mexico.
Travel to Tampico, Mexico and load material aid.
July 23-30: Fly to Havana for Caravan educational program in Cuba.
July 31: Return to Tampico and travel to Mexico/US border
August 1: Reverse challenge

IFCO/Pastors for Peace
402 W 145th Street, New York City, NY 10031
212-926-5757; fax: 212-926-5842; email: ifco@xxxxxxx;
 web: http://www.ifconews.org

'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mGEjbB/5WnJAA/E2hLAA/BRUplB/TM