[Linuxtrent] Re: Ufficiale - Java2SE sarà sotto GPL

  • From: "Roberto Resoli" <roberto.resoli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:45:36 +0100

Non osavo sperarci. Grande Sun.

L'annuncio di James Gosling sul suo blog:
http://blogs.sun.com/jag/entry/gpl_v2_wins%21

"GPL V2 wins!

I'm really happy that after months of arguing and analysis, we finally
agreed on using the GPL version 2 with the classpath exception as the
license for JavaSE. We're also taking the first couple of baby steps
in getting actual source code relicensed. All of it will follow,
eventually. But there's a lot of work to do, like migrating millions
of lines of code from TeamWare to Mercurial.
"

Roberto.