[linux-government] Re: The Manx turn from Unix to Windows

  • From: Joachim Bauernberger <joachim.bauernberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-government@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:05:49 +0100

Hi,

On Thursday 02 December 2004 19:37, Nathan Olberding wrote:
> This does point out a weak point in Linux's offer, though it's not as
> weak as this article might point out. It's also one of the few *big*
> plusses of Windows (but then we can get in to a discussion over a
> homogenous environment and how it reflects the issue with the potato
> famine).

I like your analogy :-))

Sadly, I think that most news articles which are posted are ambiguous in a
sense that they become *more* interesting when the journalist exaggerates
just enough to get his populism accepted by the majority of readers.

In this case the writer was obviously not up to speed with the latest
developments on the market.

I think he was simply unaware that today it _is_ possible to have a Linux
solution (like those offered from IBM, Novell, etc ...) which are as
heterogenous as the solution that Microsoft sells.

regards,
~/joachim

--
Phone: +49 (0) 89 490 267 - 726