[Linux-Discussion] Re: which mailinglist program?

  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:19:01 -0500 (EST)

> what is the best mailinglist program for linux? I noticed John is using
> Listar.. any others?
> (for small mailinglists with only a few subscribers)

There are dozens of em out there, just have a look at
freshmeat.net.  Majordomo's a popular one, but it isn't really for
high-performance stuff (it's written in perl).  I love listar because it's
extremely reliable and very fast (written in C =)), but unfortunately,
it's a bit more difficult to configure until you get the hang of it.  I
guess if you're doing small lists, it doesn't really matter though, so
play around with em until you find one you like?

John

Administrative contact: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx