[Linux-Discussion] Re: usb jump drive help

  • From: "John Madden" <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:28:22 -0500 (EST)

(please don't post new messages as replies to old ones - it screws up
archive threading)

> I'm trying to get my new "usb jump flash drive stick" to work under
> linux. All I get is the message "/dev/sda1 is not a valid block device."

Make sure you've got the right support in your kernel: scsi disk support,
usb-storage support, and the usbfs proc filesystem mounted in /proc.
Check out the USB howto for the specifics...

John

--
# John Madden,  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Shameless plug: MailandFiles.com - Premium E-Mail and Files