[Linux-Discussion] Re: routing problems

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:39:16 -0500

> I don't currently have a default gateway set.  I did have it set to
> 10.1.21.1 and it still did not work.  I know I need to use iptables to
> forward packets around.  I have my kernel configured to do
> iptables/netfiltering and iptables are installed.

Well, for starters, you could just try explicitly enabling all packet
passing:

$IPTABLES -P INPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -P FORWARD ACCEPT

Those are taken from the firewall I've got setup here, with the DROP's
changed to ACCEPT's.  If you haven't, make sure `echo "1" >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward` is done as well.  You might want to set
this whole thing up in a separate shell script so you can run it over and
over until everything's right.

John