[Linux-Discussion] Re: freesco

  • From: "John Madden" <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:04:05 -0500 (EST)

> Somebody have experiences with freesco (www.freesco.org)?
> I'm going to install a small router/firewall/ipmasq at my girlfriend's
> house, and wanted to install debian linux (since i know it kinda well).
> however, since I dont want to do their maintenance, and since it doesnt
> doesnt need that much functionality, I was looking at freesco (a router
> on a floppy disk). Any suggestions or real life stories?

Someone at work with me uses it at home and says it rocks (stable, easy to
configure, etc), and he's not even a *nix guy.  Within the next couple of
years, a friend and I will be rolling out about a dozen freesco boxes to
Indiana homeless shelters, so I'll definitely have experience to convey
about it later, but in the meantime, I've heard nothing bad about it.

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer