[Linux-Discussion] Re: basic networking

  • From: "S. Arif Khalid" <arif@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 23:29:40 -0500

Thanks.  It sounds like it IS possible to share a parallel printer that is
connected to one of the computers if that computer is configured as a
"network print server".  I'll see if my Red Hat 7.3 makes it easy to do
this.  I'll also see if Samba comes with RH 7.3.

Regarding sharing a USB printer or scanner, I don't know what it means to
"share" a device from the machine its connected to.  Would you elaborate?

Arif