[Linux-Discussion] How to install samba???

  • From: David Bruce Jr <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "John's linux list" <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 06:01:12 -0400

Hi,

I know I have to use samba to see/share my windoz boxes from this linux
box...

I also know that if I had installed the server version samba would be
installed...
however I installed redhat as a workstation.

Do I have to look for sambe somewhere on the 3 cd's?

Do I have to download it?

I have linux4dummies redhat 7.0 book with 3 cds

Is this gonna be buried somewhere in the tarballs or RPM's?

<hmm, most of you are running debian or slack or something...I'll bet
different
distroa store it in different places???>

thanks
David Bruce
<no longer just a hapless windows user...barely>