[Linux-Discussion] Re: Fwd: Re: linux 2.4.3 crashed my hard disk

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:11:27 -0500

> Does anyone know if someone provides a digested version (apart from
> Kernel Traffic, which is really nice but it's not the same thing)?

Well, sorry to not be able to answer your question (I personally can't
stand digests anyway), but this seems like a really interesting thing to
program.  The gears are turning here... You just have a local user (or
alias pipe) subscribe to the list the user needs "digested," store all
incoming messages in a database or something, then send out a fake
"digest" based on their preferences for it (size, time, poster, etc.).

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA