[Linux-Discussion] Anyone had experience using a different host for dns

  • From: David Bruce Jr <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:04:27 -0500

what I mean is have a web host host the website/mail

and have a third party host the dns nameserver??

I'm trying it with http://zoneedit.com

the jury is still out

anyone else know about this kinda thing?

at first I wished I hadn't used zoneedit cause they don't have
much of a newbie friendly help file...

but

one of my host's mail servers went down and I was able to re-route
all the mail from one domain to a different host altogether...

and I didn't have ask either of the sys admins to change anything!

the downside (so far) is that if anything goes wrong the host says
"its zonedit's fault"
and if you ask zonedit what's wrong they say
"...you'll have to ask your host"

guess you can't have it both ways??

David Jr

Administrative contact: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx