[Linux-Discussion] Re: 100baseT help

  • From: "John Madden" <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <linux-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:26:04 -0500 (EST)

> I have a 10/100mbit auto-sensing switch that auto-negotiates all my
> connections as 100mbit connections, like they should. Linux is still
> transfering everything at 10mbit speed. I have the appropriate drivers
> compiled into the kernel. Does anyone know how to force 100mbit? Thanks

Look at stuff like 'dmesg' and anything from syslogd about the nic
initializing.  If you're loading the driver as a module, there are probably
command line options that you can pass to force the negotiation one way or
another.  If not a module, you'll have to use the lilo append stuff to get
the option passed to the driver.

John

--
John Madden