[linux-cirrus] Re: u-boot_edb93xx-20060405.patch

  • From: Jean-Philippe Francois <jp.francois@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:14:15 +0200

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 22:29, Dubb, Benjamin wrote:

> JP, I forgot to mention that we had to replace the original AT25F1024
> part on the EDB9307 with a bigger F2048 device (256 Kbytes). So I tested
>
> it on the board with that bigger flash chip originally. I just tried
>
> utility reports a failure at the last moment. It's possible we are
> seeing
> the same problem.
That is why I modified flasher.S in the first time, just to output the
offset and block where the problem occured.
Offset of the error was always the same for a given binary. And text
file would just be fine. I used a board we have to reread the EEPROM and
there was an error at the same offset as detected by flasher.S
The error was on the MSB of a byte and my guess was that somehow, there
was one clock cycle too many at the end of some transfer.
So I implemented SPI flash page write ie 256 byte at once. This time,
the error is on a page boundary.
I am now working on other things I have to do with this board, since
cirrus is supposed to release a new download utility soon, so wait and
see :)

JP Francois