[linux-cirrus] maverick / eabi / cross-toolchain and root fs

  • From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:18:05 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to post a link on the Gentoo-Wiki for Portage users, providing an easy way to make the cross-toolchain targetting the ep93xx cpu's by default (for the TS72xx boards actually):

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Gentoo_for_the_TS72xx_Single_Board_Computer_(Full_Distro)

--with-cpu=arm920t
--with-tune=arm920t
--with-fpu=maverick
--with-float-abi=softfp

glibc-2.5-r4
gcc-4.1.2
linux-headers-2.6.23-r3
binutils-2.17-r1
gdb-6.7.1-r2

Along with the toolchain, there are also instructions for building the kernel and a from-scratch rootfs (linux-2.6.23.1).

The rootfs instructions are somewhat lengthy. I haven't stripped the filesystem of headers, static libs, man pages, etc, as of yet, and it has a native toolchain as well, but I would expect that the filesystem would be ~ 150 MB when the clutter is removed.

This is a 'full' glibc userland without any nice, space-saving features that uClibc / BusyBox provide. That will be the next article ;-)

After I have stabilized the procedure and also done a bit more work for a project my company is working on, I will make binary packages available.

All patchsets were collected from many various places, including this list and the ts7000 list. Thanks for you hard work!

Cheers,

Chris