[linux-cirrus] Redboot and memory maps

  • From: moertl@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:28:01 +0100

Hi list,

I have a problem regarding redboot using an edb9301-board from cirrus.
If I change the sdram size to 8 MBytes with different bank-addresses,
where is the right place to change the configuration in order to run
redboot and load/execute a ramdisk and the kernel ?

Or to be more precise: on the edb9301 I load the ramdisk to addr.
0x800000, the kernel to 0x80000 (as stated in the cirrus-docu), after an
exec everything runs fine. The sdram-size on my board is now 8MB with
the following mapping:

0x0000 0000 - 0x001f ffff  Bank0
0x0400 0000 - 0x041f ffff      1
0x0800 0000 - 0x081f ffff      2
0x0c00 0000 - 0x0c1f ffff      3

Since this is all relatively new to me, where should this info go when
building redboot in order to get a running system ?

Regards,
Gernot