[linux-cirrus] Maverick crunch

  • From: Yann Poupet <yann.poupet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:45:13 +0200

Hello,

I'm still trying to use Flac with Maverick crunch support on my EP9312 board.

First of all, I don't know which kernel I should use : the official cirrus'
2.6.8.1 or the linux-cirrus-2.6.11-nucleus-patched.

I've found some strange things in cirrus-2.6.8.1 :

in file arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/crunch.c, the code relative to crunch accumulators
is compiled if 'CONFIG_EP93XX_CRUNCH_ACC' is defined, but this tag is not
present in any of the other files in the kernel source tree. And the struct
fp_crunch_struct used in this file isn't defined anywhere.

CONFIG_EP93XX_CRUNCH_ACC is neither present in Nucleus' kernel patch, but struct
fp_crunch_struct is.

I don't have access to the nucleus patched kernel tree right know, but I guess
that if CONFIG_EP93XX_CRUNCH_ACC is not in the Nucleus patch, it is not in the
2.6.11 kernel tree. Thus the accumulator relative code is never used (at least
save_accumulators & restore_accumulators functions).

Does anybody know if this is the way it should be ? Maybe
(save|restore)_accumulators functions are not usefull ?

Regards

Yann