[linux-cirrus] Re: 2.6.11.7 boot problem

  • From: Michael Burian <dynmail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linux-cirrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:12:08 +0200

zl wrote:

Hi All,

Also changed the RAM disk block
size to match the RAM disk I have.  After starting the kernel from Redboot,
it displayed the penguin logo on the VGA screen, and spit out 3 lines of
message about frame buffer, then stuck.

If I correctly interpret "3 lines" this would mean that ep93xxfb.c cannot correctly map the framebuffer memory. Did you changes screensize?

The current implementation isn't as smart as it should be, so the memory size is rather hardcoded than calculated from len x width x depth,
you can try to adapt it to the amount of memory you'll acually need,
until I've got time to clean it up.

The first question is can the
RAM disk image that was built for 2.4.21 kernel be used for 2.6 kernel?

Should work - once it boots you can always fix minor issues, if there are any.