[Linux-Anyway] Re: my intro

  • From: Meph Istopheles <mistopheles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 20:17:42 -0700

I am having to write this on my mail agent: Evolution. My browser is
Firefox 3.6.16 O.S. Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx. I cannot find the box where
to post my posts on in Firefox. Help. John.

If I understand correctly, you need a mailer to use with either Firefox or Lynx (or both). Hmm. It's been a while since I've run Linux extensively (that's going to change, though), but I don't think Firefox for Linux comes with a mailer. Neither does Lynx. But while Firefox can be set to use any e-mail application you have installed, I'm not so sure about Lynx (I've not used Lynx for about fifteen years (I prefer w3m for text browsing, as it has more features than Lynx -- including setting it for use with pine (now Alpine).

Let me know if we need to help you set Evolution, or any other mailer you'd prefer, as your default mailer for Firefox. Lynx -- if you can set a mailer -- will most likely only allow a text-based mailer, & I'm know Ubunto installs Alpine.

  Meph
To unsubcribe send e-mail with the word unsubscribe in the body to: Linux-Anyway-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?body=unsubscribe