[Linux-Anyway] .mailcap

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:32:02 -0800 (PST)

   I'm still trying to figure out how to get pine to display
images.  At the moment, I'm playing with .mailcap, but I'm a
little confused about it.

   I see that this is a file which comes with metamail, but slack
doesn't run metamail by default.  So, there's not /etc/mailcap, &
the .mailcap I have looks to be a different format (I think it
was produced by StarOffice, as all but the entries I'd put in are
SO entries.

   My question is, does metamail have to be running for a .mailcap
to be read?  Also, would any of these be the correct syntax?:

application/octet-stream:/usr/local/bin/fbi %s
application/BASE64:/usr/local/bin/fbi %s
application/image/*:/usr/local/bin/fbi %s

--
   Crime does not pay...as well as politics.
   -AE Newman