[Linux-Anyway] hackers

  • From: j <jchristym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 05:17:47 +1000

it's unfortunate that the word hackers evokes fear and loathing in the
uninformed because hacking source codes is the way we get new
applications. unfortunate because those who use it for causing chaos,
use Unix to devise nasty intrusive things that cause the cyber world
anxiety and destruction, or at least the illegal use or crippling of
computers. we need another word for hackers that are constructive and
who offer new ways of doing I.T. (is that intelligent technology or just
it?) how about Constructive hackers?