[Linux-Anyway] Re: Was: Athalon & Gentoo -- Now: slack

  • From: "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 01:38:56 -0800

  You know, I think I'm being rather stupid.

  The AMD box has a 40GB drive in it -- why not partition it for
slack & /home on hda, pop in a 27GB drive from the PIII box, &
install gentoo on hdb?  The only problem would be in naming
partitions.

  I'll have to read some docs on multi-booting different distros.

  What do you think of this?:

40GB drive
hda1=slack /boot
hda2=slack /
hda3=/home
hda4(or is that 5?)=slack /usr
hda5/6=/var/www (or something like this to have only one
partition for any Web pages)

27GB drive
hdb1=gentoo /boot
hdb2=gentoo /
hdb3=gentoo /usr

  If I'm totally wacked (common parlence is "wack"), lemme know.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux