[Linux-Anyway] Re: Update: Re: Great -- Now "No screens found"with X

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:54:50 +0100

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
Meph wrote:

> > > but thought my res is reported as 1280x768
>
> > Totally non-standard.
>
> > It's either 1280x1024 or 1024x768.
>
>   Sorry.  Meant 1280x1024.
>
>   On another note, know anything about themes for gnome 2x?
> Can't find any which actually install.

Only recently, my brother was fiddling with gnome themes. There is a dir
/usr/share/gnome-x.x/themes, but your themes *don't* go there, as we
learned by trial-and-error. Untar them to ~/.gnome/themes/<themename>/.
And as always when taking advice from me, double-check before you really
do so ;) I'm not at all sure that I got the dirs right.

There is, by the way, no useful information on installing themes on the
theme-download page.

On a related note (if someone buys that), I've quit my job today, after
a great tumult and lots of yelling. I'll have to see whether I can still
lay my claws on the educational fund to finance a C/C++ developer
course. In any case, it seems like I'll be driving a lorry for a living
for some time from now on.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui