[Linux-Anyway] Update: Re: GTK 1.2 and GTK 2 Fonts

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:40:44 -0800 (PST)

  Just letting you all know.  I'm not sure how to actually ~fix~
whatever was keeping things working with gtk, but I'd found that
while I'm using gtk2, I was able to install at gtk 1.3 theme I'd
had stored...sort of.  It installs, but wouldn't display.

  But, I went into gnome's Configureation Editor & changed the
default theme from the one in there to the 1.3 I'd had stored &
sort of installed.

  I then took the config file for that theme & copied it to
~/.gtkrc.mine, edited it to suit me, restarted X, & ~poof~ -- I
now have the colour scheme for fonts & backgrounds of that theme.
I also had to change the widgets via gnome's theme selector.

  So, while it's not perfect, I can at least look at my screen
without screaming in pain:-).

  Meph

--
  Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It's
  already tomorrow in Australia.